The Slipfence HORIZONTAL Fence system was specifically designed to provide the strength and endurance of Aluminum with the warmth and beauty of wood. We combine 3" Square Aluminum Fence posts and two custom-designed, left and right Aluminum "U" Channels with regular size 5/4 Deck boards (1"thick). Then we slip these easily down the channels which are attached to the Aluminum Fence Posts. The finished result is a residential yard fence that has the warmth and privacy of a natural wood fence but the framework will not warp, crack, lean, nor rot.
If and when the wood boards become weathered and require replacing they can easily be slipped out of the framework and new ones slipped in for a brand new looking fence without having to set new posts in Concrete.For added appeal just attach the Slipfence Horizontal Cap Rail onto the top of the finished panel for a nice, clean, finished, look on the top of your fence panels.
Here are some specific details about the Horizontal Fence:
- 13 deck boards stacked are required to create a 6 foot tall fence panel.
- Slipfence Horizontal is recomended to be built in 6 foot wide panels.
- 5/4” Deck boards are available in 12 foot length and as such can be cut in half to be used in the Horizontal Fence panel.
- An 8’ high Horizontal fence can be create by using the Slipfence HCK08 which is 8 foot long channels.
- The 8’ high Slipfence Horizontal fence takes 17 boards stacked and also recommended to be in 6 foot wide panel. (set posts to be 6 feet between posts).
- A 7’ high fence panel can be also created from the 8’ channel by cutting the channels at exactly 81” from the bottom.
- The 7’ high Slipfence Horizontal fence takes 15 boards stacked and also recommended to be in 6 foot wide panels, (set posts to be 6 feet between posts).
- Almost any board can be used in the Slipfence Horizontal system provided it is only 1” thick.
We want to help you choose the fence you love best. We have other fence options for you to explore. Visit our Vertical or Traditional fence pages to learn more.